Add consoles with a smart plug
If you want to control the device’s power directly, you can use the Sonoff smart plug.
Note: We recommend using the Sonoff smart plug only to control the power of the TV where the console is connected. and do not use the smart plug directly to control the power of the consoles it won’t shut it down properly.
(How to connect the smart device with the console: wire->smart device->wire->socket->console NOT socket → wire -> smart device -> wire -> console. So you don’t need to cut off your console wire. normally install the smart device under the pc desktop.)
Currently, DIY mode is supported by those devices.
- Sonoff Basic R3-Tested over a wifi connection and worked.
- Sonoff RFR3-Tested over a LAN connection and worked.
1. To prepare the Sonoff smart plug to use on iCafeCloud, you should enable DIY mode on version 1.0. Then you have to put the jumper on the designated pins on the Sonoff R3 board (Figure 1).
After that, connect to the hotspot and use the tools to set the device and connect it to the wifi or LAN.
The way to switch to DIY mode of the new version (2.0) is totally different from the 1.0 version.
No enclosure disassembly and no jumper plug-in are needed.
a) Press and hold the pairing button until the indicator flashes frequently (5sec or more) after it the device is turned on.
b) Connect to the Access Point named ITEAD-XXXXXXXXXX with default password 12345678 via mobile phone or PC.
c) A webpage for the configuration of the WiFi network that the device will connect with is stored in a DIY mode device that can be accessed via the URL http://10.10.7.1/.
d) Fill in the details of the existing WiFi network’s SSID and password.
e) Reboot the device and it will connect to the WiFi network.
f) Make sure the server is on the same LAN as the WiFi.
2. Once the device is in DIY mode and connected to Wi-Fi, open the devices page on CP and click the “Scan smart devices” button (Figure 2). The iCafeCloud Server will scan all Sonoff devices and automatically create devices in CP.
When a session for a smart device starts, the device will power on automatically. When a user checks out, the device will turn off.
3. You can also manually control the power of Sonoff devices in CP (Figure 3).